The volunteer programme is open for peple aged 16 years and above. As a volunteer, you must be willing to help the zoo in any tasks assigned to you throughout the 8 hours day, starting at 8.00 am.
Zoo Negara need volunteers’ help in the following areas:
- Graphic Designs
- Resource Centre
In addition, Zoo Negara also need volunteers to help* their zookeepers at the following exhibits:
- Animal Show
- Big cats
- Children’s World
- Great apes
- Hoof stock
- Monkey/Lesser apes
*Work given might not be related to volunteer choices.
Call the Education Department of Zoo Negara (EDU) to reserve your booking at 603-4108 3422
Fill in the Volunteer Form and submit to EDU. You may obtain the form from Zoo Negara or print out the Volunteer Form. Please bring along the Volunteer Form on your volunteering day for checking purposes.
- This programme is open to anyone age 16 years and above.
- Volunteers must contact the Education Department prior to the volunteering day to reserve attendance or to cancel the booking.
- The group co-ordinator must bring along the latest completed list of volunteers which includes full name, contact number, signature and submit this form with the name list on the volunteering day. It is the co-ordinator’s responsibility to ensure that the group members read and understand the Rules & Regulations.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive NO Later than 8.15 am. Late comers will NOT be entertained and will be advised to either come another day or pay the entrance fee to be a normal visitor.
- Volunteers must wear proper attire while on duty. That includes covered shoes, long trousers. Open-toed shoes, shorts, jewellery and sleeveless tops are NOT allowed. Long hair must be tied neatly.
- Only use environmental-friendly food-packaging (NO styrofoam) if you wish to bring your own packed food.
- Volunteers are required to wear the name tag provided at all times while on site. Only three members from the group are allowed to patrol the group during the programme.
- Work might NOT be given according to volunteer’s choices. It is important that volunteers are healthy when joining this programme in order to avoid any risk of transmitting diseases to the animals.
- Volunteers are NOT allowed to take any pictures or video of all animals.
- Volunteers must never touch, handle or feed the animals at any time for any reason without the permission from your supervisors.
- Volunteers must never enter any enclosure with the animals without permission from the employees of Zoo Negara Malaysia and NOT allowed to remain in the zoo premises after working hours.
- Volunteers must be careful and aware of all tools and personal belongings at all times while doing the programme.
- Volunteers must immediately notify their group leader and Zoo Negara Malaysia’s employees if any accidents or mishaps happen while on site. Volunteers must NOT interfere with the Management of Zoo Negara Malaysia.
- Volunteers are fully responsible for their own belongings, health and safety. The Management of Zoo Negara Malaysia, the Malaysian Zoological Society and its employees will NOT be held responsible for any accidents, loss, claims, damage and injuries to the volunteer and personal property.
For further details, please contact the Education Department of Zoo Negara at +603-4108 3422 or email us at email@example.com